The Town of Newington, NH is accepting applications internally for the position of lieutenant to create a list.
Lieutenants shall be responsible for the following:
- Commanding an engine, ladder or ambulance.
- Prepare reports and maintain records as required.
- Obey, support, and enforce the department’s rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Supervising and assisting subordinates in the performance of maintenance, training, company inspections, public education programs and emergency response activities.
- In the absence of a Chief Officer at an emergency scene, will act as the Incident Commander.
- Performing other such duties as may be required.
- New Hampshire Firefighter 2 (or old FF Level 3).*
- New Hampshire Fire Inspector I.*
- New Hampshire Driver/Operator, Pumps and Aerial Certification.*
- Must be enrolled in a NHFA Fire Officer 2 program within 1 year.
- Shall be at least 18 years of age.
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony.
- Shall have a state recognized high school diploma or equivalent.
- Hazardous Materials Operational Level min.
- New Hampshire lateral transfers accepted
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and CDL- B with tank.
- Preferred consideration will be given to applicants that live within 20 minutes of the station.
- Successfully complete a one (1) year Probationary Period.
* Letters of reciprocity from NHFA may be allowed towards these requirements pending approval.
Please be advised that each candidate may be subject to the following prior to beginning employment with the Town of Newington:
- Interview with Oral Board.
- Interview with the Fire Chief.
- Pass background check, including references, driving record, New Hampshire Municipal Employee Criminal Record Check.
If you wish to apply for this list, a resume and cover letter must be submitted to
Asst Chief Hoyt, by 1800 hours, June 21, 2019.
The Town of Newington is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to select a qualified applicant.