The Town of Newington, NH Fire & Rescue is accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/EMT, AEMT or Paramedic. This position is responsible for providing Fire Prevention, Fire Suppression, and Emergency Medical Services (transport service) to the Town of Newington.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (related college degree preferred)
- National Registry EMT, AEMT or Paramedic Certification (AEMT, Paramedic preferred)
- Pro-Board Firefighter II Certification or Career Level (C2F2)
- Applicants must comply with New Hampshire Fire Standards and Training Commission’s Rule Part 700 with successful completion of the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) or qualified for Part 703 Lateral Transfer
- A valid State Driver’s License (CDL-Preferred).
Salary range is $20.51-$26.69 based on experience and qualifications.
The Candidate must successfully pass a 12-month Probationary period. If the candidate does not already have a CDL-B driver’s license (with air brakes and tank endorsement), it must be obtained prior to completion of the Probationary period.
If selected the candidate must pass a resume review, oral board interview, Chiefs interview, background check (to include motor vehicle and criminal record), NFPA 1582 physical and 40-hour staff orientation.
Applications/Resumes will be accepted until noon on May 8, 2020. Please mail, email or hand-deliver cover letter and resume to:
E.J. Hoyt, Fire Chief
Newington Fire and Rescue
80 Fox Point Road
Newington, NH 03801